A Conversation for Star Trek RPG : The Voyages of the USS Derringer

Maiden Voyage of the Derringer

Post 61

RoboTwig [54-11-(3/3) = 42]

Sheilds raised.

Any chance of some target practise before we land, Capitano? Any Asteroids around here?


Maiden Voyage of the Derringer

Post 62

Aximili

*At ops panel*
Scanning...yes, we have a small asteroid belt slightly to port, bearing 023. All right, Twig, show us what those cannons can do.


Maiden Voyage of the Derringer

Post 63

Kitish

*walks on to the bridge*

Sorry I'm late captain!

*scurries over to the helm*


Maiden Voyage of the Derringer

Post 64

Aximili

No proble, Lieutenant. Just in time for a little target practice.


Maiden Voyage of the Derringer

Post 65

Kitish

Excellent sir!


Maiden Voyage of the Derringer

Post 66

Aximili

*Looks a t display and sees a l.arge asteroid*

Al right, Lieutenant, let's see what those cannons can do. Destroy that asteroid.


Maiden Voyage of the Derringer

Post 67

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

OOC means "out of character" - on many RPGs when you put your words between and tags, it means you're talking to the players, not their characters, so the people in the game can't hear you.

Where is this recruiting office? If the engineer spot is taken, do you need a science officer?
smiley - towelNerd42


Maiden Voyage of the Derringer

Post 68

Br. Megachedda-I've found my apostrophe key!!!

you have to go to the captains quarters on the homepage


Maiden Voyage of the Derringer

Post 69

Aximili

The thread is called Captain's Quarters, Nerd42. I have temporarily taken the Science Officer post, but I'm not going to stop you from taking the position if you want it.


Maiden Voyage of the Derringer

Post 70

RoboTwig [54-11-(3/3) = 42]

Alright, counting down T minus 5... 4... *Primes Cannons* 2... 1...

*On the screen the asteroid is shot by a tiny beam of light. It starts to glow and suddenly implodes on itself like a piece of paper being crumpled*

That was Mode 1. It goes up to Mode 1000.

So was it worth it Capitano? Cannons will be unoperational for 5 Quntigilas.


Maiden Voyage of the Derringer

Post 71

Aximili

A useful weopon, Lieutenant, but we won't trade our phasers in just yet.

Our ETA is now two hours.


Maiden Voyage of the Derringer

Post 72

RoboTwig [54-11-(3/3) = 42]

Yes, they are quite powerful, but the Phasers take less maintenance.

3 Quintigilas until cannons are back online.


Maiden Voyage of the Derringer

Post 73

Kitish

SIr we're holding on course.


Maiden Voyage of the Derringer

Post 74

RoboTwig [54-11-(3/3) = 42]

1 Quintigilan.


Maiden Voyage of the Derringer

Post 75

Aximili

I believe we have arrived. Lieutenant Kitush, hail the planet. Let them know that we have arrived.


Maiden Voyage of the Derringer

Post 76

RoboTwig [54-11-(3/3) = 42]

Cannons back online, preparng weapons to be docked for descent.

*Taps on a few buttons at random*

That's done, although the sound effect was alomst like a can being crumpled...

*Gets glared at*

Oh right, RPG...

Weapons docked, capitano.


Maiden Voyage of the Derringer

Post 77

Aximili

The Leiutenant has obviously gone for a coffee break *Sits down in the Ops station* I'll hail the planet.

This is Captain Arrix Aximili of the USS Derringer. We have been ordered to deliver supplies to this outpost. Please respond. *The screen remains dark.* Odd. *A pause. Suddenly the screen crackles into life. The picture is blurred, and the sound quality poor. A face appears and speaks in a panicked voice.*

This is a recorded *static* we are under attack *static* outnumbered us *static* no hope. If any ship *static* get out get out now. Repeat save yourselves. tell the *static* Warn the Council. *As he says this, his face crumples in pain,and he collapses. A masked figure moves to the monitor, and fires a disrupter blast at it. The screen goes black.*

*There is a stunned silence.*

Right.You heared the man. There's nothing we can do. *Lays in a course to the nearest starbase.* Let's get out of here before whatever got them gets us too.


Maiden Voyage of the Derringer

Post 78

RoboTwig [54-11-(3/3) = 42]

Preparing weapons and sheilds at maximum power.

*The Lights Dim*

Ouch, that's draining the Berylium Power core, it may go hypernovic. I'll reduce the sheilds a level or two.

*The Lights go back to Normal*

We should be able to hold this power drainage for at least 30 Quintigilas if you want the Phasers to be at their maximum capacity.


Maiden Voyage of the Derringer

Post 79

Aximili

Right. Let's see how fast this baby can move. Let's get out of here, pronto.


Maiden Voyage of the Derringer

Post 80

Kitish

Sir!

*runs in*

*sits down and plots in a course*

We're on our way. What do you think it was?


Key: Complain about this post