A Conversation for The h2g2 Team

Answer me this...

Post 1

Jimi X

Being a former newspaper reporter/editor, my
curiosity has gotten the better of me...
I'd like to know a little about how this all started - you know the standard journalist-type questions...
Who came up with the idea and actually did the work to get this great project running?
When did it all begin and how long will it continue?
Why is this Guide so popular?
What time can I expect an answer to these rather silly questions?

There - I got the four "Ws" out of the way and no onto some serious questions...
Is it true that the answer to all of this is actually contained in the Guide somewhere and it's is my
job to find the answers?
Do the editors (PTBs) need any help weeding through submissions?
If so, do let me know as I'd be able to donate some time to the project.
smiley - smiley
Thanks!
smiley - smiley


Answer me this...

Post 2

Peta

You got a reply to this from Mark didn't you - somewhere else? Has the new look guide answered all your questions? I came in early in the life of the guide. It was launched on Tomorrow's World on the BBC by Douglas Adams. I had sneaked in the morning before it opened, because someone dropped a hint at the douglas adams info website http://www.douglasadams.com I have been hanging around here ever since because I like the people and like the way that the guide and community has a focus.


Answer me this...

Post 3

Jimi X

All has been answered! And thanks for the link to douglasadams.com, never been there, but it's a rather col place to go! smiley - smiley


Answer me this...

Post 4

Peta

Nice there you should try it. Douglas goes there himself quite often. He was posting there at the weekend.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more