A Conversation for Challenge h2g2

Challenge: The Wheel of Time Books

Post 1

Gnomon - time to move on

A696170 The Wheel of Time Books

This entry was written when there were only 9 books in the series. It mentions that a 10th book is due to be issued soon.

Time has moved on. The 10th, 11th, 12th and 13th books have been published. There's the whole story about the author discovering he was dying, his promise to the fans and the outcome of it.

Only one book left to go.


Challenge: The Wheel of Time Books

Post 2

Gnomon - time to move on

What's proposed here, if anyone wants to take it on, is an update of the existing entry, rather than a completely new entry.


Challenge: The Wheel of Time Books

Post 3

Gnomon - time to move on

And now the author is dead, the sketches he wrote for the final 12th book have been published as volumes 12, 13 and 14 and the series is finally finished.

Has anybody read them all and would like to update this entry?


Challenge: The Wheel of Time Books

Post 4

Secretly Not Here Any More

It's a challenge to read the damn things. I got three books in before my will-to-live deserted me.


Challenge: The Wheel of Time Books

Post 5

Gnomon - time to move on

I gave up after nine. But that's because when he started writing them, he said there were going to be five. When he reached book four, he changed his mind and said there would be 10. When I reached book nine, he announced that it would take 12 to finish the series. At that stage I gave up.


Challenge: The Wheel of Time Books

Post 6

Secretly Not Here Any More

You're a better man than I.

I just couldn't take the constant refrain of "Nyaeve tugged her braid" and "male character did something childish while female character acted like a fishwife."


Key: Complain about this post