Paddling pools

0 Conversations

Paddling pools are self-contained puddles of fun for hot days in the garden. They are designed specifically with children in mind. Paddling pools come in a variety of shapes and sizes but are invariably made of a thin plastic material. They can be inflatable or have a metal frame and are used by parents to keep the little ones happy on hot sumer days. Despite their name, paddling pools are rarely used for paddling, they are in fact used for the following purposes:


1) Watering the lawn.

2) Leaving a square of dead yellow grass in the lawn all summer.

3) Making children wet so that they can run around screaming and getting you wet.

4) Wasting water during a drought or hosepipe ban.


No matter where you put paddling pools, even if it's on concrete, they have the uncanny ability to attract small blades of grass that sit in the corners and stick to your feet.


A paddling pool is a worthy investment, if only for the potential of earning money on the many home-video shows that grace our televisions. Nothing is funnier than a fat dad tripping over and getting wet.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A125524

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more