A Conversation for Miscellaneous Chat

Paper Towels as backup

Post 1

ZildoggoX

Last Thursday was my first Towel Day!

I encouraged others and spread the good word, to a Korean and a Taiwanese, and let an English bloke know there may be some opposition if he doesn't next time... (no, just a gentle reminder).

My chosen Towel was a very special one, a tea Towel in fact. I bought it at Quarry Bank Mill, it was made on the antique looms and is the only cloth made there.

I was at home and doing heavy garden work most of the day, so had to leave the towel indoors... Since I've realised that a paper towel in a pocket would have made me feel OK, because I didn't feel OK, not carrying it.

Have you been in this situation yet?


Paper Towels as backup

Post 2

SashaQ - happysad

Yay! Glad you had a good day. Your towel sounds awesome! I've been to Quarry Bank Mill a couple of times, but didn't invest in a tea towel - I'll have to look out for one next time.

My towel is only a mass-produced one but it is a very handy size and a good blue colour smiley - towel

I know what you mean about needing something with you - I like to carry a paper serviette on other days in case I encounter mud or other dirt and need to wipe my hands smiley - ok


Paper Towels as backup

Post 3

ZildoggoX

I get a 'vibe' from authenticity like the cloth made at a historic textile mill. They call it 'glass cloth', and you can walk past the looms that are making it. What spoils it though (the bucket of hyena offal was lurking somewhere) is that the looms are driven by electricity rather than the amazing, functioning water wheel and gears and shafts. Oh well... (are we on the planet Now What?).

I also feel right with some cleaning item and have coincidentally pondered, "a person's best friend is a paper towel". A serious contender anyway.


Paper Towels as backup

Post 4

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I like towels a lot. I spread a towel on the ground when I'm removing stones from garden soil that I've removed from the ground when I go to plant something. This is such an amazing time of year! I make up excuses for going out to my garden. Every day more beans and beets are up, the sunflowers keep getting taller, the wild roses and tea roses are forming buds or even starting to bloom.

The wildflowers that I'm growing from seed keep getting bigger.

There's also the local rabbit, though. A day wouldn't be complete if I didn't have to chase it away, watching its whit cotton tail disappearing as it ducks under the fence into the next lot. It stripped one of my bushes of its leaves. Then I realized that my neighbor's mulberry bush has a lowhanging branch that is also stripped of leaves. The bunny thought my bush was a mulberry. smiley - laugh Armed with all the useless knowledge I could find on the Internet, I mixed chili powder with garlic powder and sprinkled it on my most vulnerable plants, hoping it would keep the rabbit away. My yard has an interesting smell now. smiley - laugh


Paper Towels as backup

Post 5

ZildoggoX

Suddenly really hot I've found it, and was expecting sudden frosts. I've had to tackle blackfly on elder shoots, before they took flight and landed anywhere else. Not with a Towel though, with that expensive pyrethrum.


Paper Towels as backup

Post 6

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

The leafless bush is now completely refoliated smiley - biggrin.

It'll do fine unless we get gypsy moth caterpillars.


Key: Complain about this post