A Conversation for The Cranky Gardener

Search & Find

Post 1


I have been trying to find a 'garden auger' in the UK along the lines of those shown on an American website, www.gardenauger.com, but to no avail so far. I was today, 6 Sept, searching again on the internet when a link to the The Cranky Gradener's piece of 18 August popped up and referred to a bulb auger.

Does anyone know where this drill accessory can be obtained?

I would appreciate any help or links possible.

Thank you

Search & Find

Post 2


Hi Zorba. We purchased our bulb auger many years ago, but I think we got it at a local hardware store. And I have seen them advertised in bulb and nursery catalogs. I don't know which companies sell in the UK, but you might try Brecks, Dutch Gardens, Van Dykes, Van Bourgondien's or Gardener's Supply. Each of these have websites. We're rearranging my work area and my catalogs are packed away. If you can't locate one in a few days let me know and I'll hunt them out and get you an address.

I love my auger! It's also great to losen the soil when planting perennials.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more