A Conversation for 24 Lies A Second

Bruce - no ambition

Post 1

Ellen

My gripe with Bruce Almighty was that Bruce had no ambition. He can have pretty much anything he wants - and he chooses to be an anchor man?! That's his big goal? I'd want a tropical island and a vault of gold just for starters! And how about having someone discover a cure for cancer while he's at it? This movie just had no imagination.

JEllen


Bruce - no ambition

Post 2

Awix

Yeah, that's part of it. A distinct lack of imagination too. At least in the Man Who Could Work Miracles the main character has a crack at bringing about world peace etc.


Bruce - no ambition

Post 3

[...]

I liked the way he had ALL of God's power yet still had rules....
First thing I'd do is erradicate Freeman!


Bruce - no ambition

Post 4

Awix

A trifle harsh there perhaps... smiley - smiley

Don't let's get philosophical, please! There's a joke - God goes into a doctor's and says, 'Doctor, doctor. I never used to be able to create a boulder so big and heavy that I couldn't lift it. Now I can. Am I getting more or less ominpotent?'


Bruce - no ambition

Post 5

[...]

Terrible joke!


Bruce - no ambition

Post 6

[...]

How's it harsh? If you were given power by a deity that matched that god's power then you would get rid of the one that gave you the power as they are the only one's that can take it away..

And that's the way the cookie crumbles!

Or am I just evil? smiley - biggrin


Bruce - no ambition

Post 7

Awix

Oh, sorry - I thought you meant that the first thing you'd do if you were God would be to zap Morgan Freeman...

I suspect Freeman would keep enough juice to be able to fend you off. We're into an irresistible force vs. immovable object situation here...

(How do I get into these discussions...? smiley - smiley)


Bruce - no ambition

Post 8

[...]

You're the writer!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more