A Conversation for Computers In Science Fiction: TV

How could you fail to mention....

Post 1

Chronicargonaut

...Doctor Who?

Three of the most notable foes from the Doctors adventures are in chronological order:
1. Wotan. A sibilant, whispering computer created to streamline telecommunications based in the Post Office Tower with ambitions of mechanising the world with the aid of a few brainwashed human allies and an army of War Machines (The War Machines, 1966)

2. BOSS. An intelligent, erudite Hal copycat who uses his Global Chemicals employees as pawns in his game for world domination via the medium of hypnotism and psychological bullying. Also used giant maggots to great effect. (The Green Death, 1973)

3 Xoanon. Another artifical intelligence, this time its schitzophrenic nature was caused by the Doctors previous meddling, and created invisible creatures in the image of the Doctor. The egoctistical computer even carved the image of the Doctors countenance in a cliff face! Xoanon was worshipped and feared by the tribal descendants of a marooned survey team on an unknown planet, and kept the natives firmly in their place.
The Face Of Evil (1977)


How could you fail to mention....

Post 2

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

What about "Twiki" from "Buck Rogers in the 25th Century"? (voiced by Mel "Bugs Bunny" Blanc!)


How could you fail to mention....

Post 3

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

I note, btw, that this article still links to the OKUDAGRAMS article...? I believe that edited entries are only allowed to link to other edited entries... smiley - erm


How could you fail to mention....

Post 4

Chronicargonaut

Have you considered including HHGTTG's Deep Thought to your entry?


How could you fail to mention....

Post 5

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

And Eddie, and Marvin... smiley - winkeye


Key: Complain about this post