A Conversation for The Canadian Researchers' Club

SIGN ME UP!

Post 1

pixie

If You want want to sign up this is the place to do it. smiley - smiley


SIGN ME UP!

Post 2

Post Team

Could you sign me up as an honorary member please? I have no link at all to Canada, but I think it a great country and have a few good friends living there. smiley - smiley

My correct user name is U48304 shazz

shazz smiley - thepost


SIGN ME UP!

Post 3

pixie

Hey Shazz smiley - smiley
You know you read my mind I was thinking that earlier as you were such a great help.
You are now our honorary member smiley - smiley
Welcome to the groupsmiley - rose
Lonefaery
smiley - fairy


SIGN ME UP!

Post 4

Post Team

smiley - cheers

shazz smiley - thepost


SIGN ME UP!

Post 5

pixie

smiley - cheers
LF
smiley - fairy


SIGN ME UP!

Post 6

Clio, Dentonite, Libtech, Procrastinator and HNM

Hey! I'm in BC. I would love to join your Canadian researcher page. smiley - smiley So join me up! (please)


SIGN ME UP!

Post 7

pixie

Hey smiley - smiley
Welcome to the group! Glad you could join us!
Lonefaery
smiley - fairy


SIGN ME UP!

Post 8

anhaga

you should probably check out the "chief gordon lightfoot" thread Lone Faery at F19585?thread=252800 which has been sort of serving as one Canadian meeting place for a while now. Perhaps you could contact a number of us through there. smiley - cheers

go ahead and sign me up if you'd like.


SIGN ME UP!

Post 9

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

Hi Lone Fairy (yeah I know that's the American spelling, but I've been here long enough to have gotten over the compulsive urge to render every posting into Brit-speak) There aren't very many of us Canucks round here, and a couple of previous attempts to create a united front have come up against such realities as age and social differences as well as the classic Canadian Identity Conundrum of being spread across 4000 miles. Although there have lately been as many as a half dozen sighted posting rather patriotically to this rather controversial thread concerning the recent squabbles: http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/alabaster/F19585?thread=261800 But most of the posters there are NOT Canadian. And each of the Canadians you'll find there has at one time or another tried to discover who else around here was from the Great White North. Two recent issues, Iraq and SARS, have created more conversation between us as 'Canadians' than ever before. Therefore, your arrival is timely and your idea is to be supported. Please count me in. ~jwf~ is john w fulton U162344 and I'm in Halifax. One of the best and most recent 'roll calls' for Canucks was this much friendlier thread: http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/alabaster/F110697?thread=243119 The most active Canadians that come to mind: cl zoomer U200838 - in Vancouver anhaga U215480 - somewhere on the prairies kasese - on the shores of Lake Ontario east of TO talesin - in the mountains of BC That's enough to get you started, and each of those people will know some that I missed, ignored or just don't know about. good luck and welcome to h2g2, ~jwf~


SIGN ME UP!

Post 10

clzoomer- a bit woobly

Said zoomer would be proud to join, Lone Faery. Vancouver is my home, North Van to be precise. Good work!

smiley - cheers


SIGN ME UP!

Post 11

pixie

Hey jwf smiley - smiley
I have to agree with you that there aren't many of us Canucks around H2G2 but hopefully that will change over time. *crossing fingers*

I also have to agree with you about the issues that are faced including the sars and iraq it has created more conversation between us as "Canadians" then ever before. I think that has and will always be something important. It is just a shame that it takes issues so severe to bring us together.

Alot has been said about the issues when it comes to being spread over such a vast country and I have heard many opinions on it(again not just Canadians), the way that I see it is we all call Canada home thus we are all Canadian. In my eyes that makes us all family and we should all stand together.

My hope for the group is that it provides just that, a place where we can all stand together, giving everyone a place where we all feel safe and comfortable enough to let our voices be heard.

Thanks for the links I am sure I will have an interesting read ahead of me.
Welcome to the groupsmiley - smiley
Lonefaery
smiley - fairy


SIGN ME UP!

Post 12

anhaga

another place to find us is in the list of contributors to the edited Canada entry A53443 and in the Peer Review thread attached to the unedited version A948062

And Mr. Fulton, I really am sorry about suggesting you were biliously sarcastic.


SIGN ME UP!

Post 13

pixie

Hi Zoomer! smiley - smiley
Welcome to the club smiley - smileyAnd thank you for joining.
oh you are in Vancover, I am so jealous thats one of the few places I have YET to see but from what I know of Vancover it is beautiful.I am in Ontario.
Again welcome
smiley - cheers
Lonefaery
smiley - fairy


SIGN ME UP!

Post 14

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

>> ..a place where we can all stand together, giving everyone a place where we all feel safe and comfortable enough to let our voices be heard. <<

You must be from Ontario.
smiley - laugh
smiley - musicalnote
"A Place to stand, a place to grow,
Ontar - i - ari - ari - oh!"
smiley - musicalnote

Sorry. I'm just a cynical old fart, and can quite safely be ignored.

Y'know, I used to think that song was an ad just for Ontario Place. Then I realised the government actually considered it an anthem for the entire province and used it in all their tourism and business development advertising.

smiley - peacedove
~jwf~







SIGN ME UP!

Post 15

clzoomer- a bit woobly

I fear that the rest of the Canadians here are in a constant state of envy over the fact that I live in the best place in Canada. But I take comfort in the fact that the Rockies are high and cold and impassable to most.

smiley - smiley

smiley - cheers


SIGN ME UP!

Post 16

anhaga

blah blah blah zoomer. You just want us all to be jealous all the time realizing that we don't even think about that place.smiley - biggrin


SIGN ME UP!

Post 17

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

I can be just as high and cold and impassable as the next guy y'know.
Yep, all three, simultaneously, while juggling a cell phone, Horton's cup, cigarette and gear shift lever.
Mind you if I put the top up I wouldn't be so cold and if I slowed down a bit someone could pass me sooner or later.
smiley - biggrin
~jwf~


SIGN ME UP!

Post 18

pixie

smiley - laugh
I didn't even think of that. But now that you mention it I find it highly amusing.
Though I admit that I think it strange to use in an ad by the government but when is it that I dont find their ads strange?
Lonefaery
smiley - fairy


SIGN ME UP!

Post 19

pixie

I'm not sure I would say envy,smiley - laughenvy would insinuate wanting to live there or to me anyway
I am not one for cold so it preferably my place is somewhere they dont have snow or as much as we get here anyway being so far north.
smiley - smiley
smiley - cheers
Lonefaery
smiley - fairy


SIGN ME UP!

Post 20

anhaga

for anyone interested, jazzedupcurry and I have been discussing the finest coffee in the country over with chief gordon lightfoot. Of course, all of you live in the wrong part of the country to get it.smiley - tongueout


Key: Complain about this post