A Conversation for Dr. Funderlik's Regular Grunt

...those inferior animals...

Post 1

J

Another good one my dear doctor. Steve Irwin is a bit off, isn't he?

smiley - blacksheep


...those inferior animals...

Post 2

Dr Deckchair Funderlik

He is a bit.

The odd thing is, I reckon he probably genuinely loves animals. You can sort of see it on the TV.

I imagine he might have gone to the TV producers with a nice little program explaining everything about crocodiles, using charts and diagrams, and telling lots of fascinating facts -

and the TV producers just went..

'That's boring. Can't you just get one to try and bite you instead?"

Thats what's annoying about it, the idea that the only interesting or worthwhile thing about the animal kingdom is that one of them might bite your leg off some time.


...those inferior animals...

Post 3

J

Yes, you can. But I picture him in a room with a lot of corporate executives. He's lying down on the table, ear to the surface and yelling various Australian phrases. That's how I picture it.

I can't see trying to be bitten by 'the most venemous snake in North America' as involuntary. He's an exciting person, I also can't see him with diagrams.

(The most venemous) smiley - blacksheep (In N. America)


...those inferior animals...

Post 4

Dr Deckchair Funderlik

Ay, maybe I was pushing it a bit with the diagrams..

I never saw him with the venemous snake. I saw some stuff on Discovery, back in the days when I still watched TV, and it was all him saying some random fact about a dangerous animal and then the rest was just him trying to get near it.

So he'd sort of go "Yeah, right, a crocodile can eat ten oranges a day. Now, I'm going to try and poke one with a stick."

But I am relying on memory here - could be wrong. TV was a good source of ideas. I'm going to have to start writing about food soon.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more