GOD AND THE FUZZY UNIVERSAL SPIRIT ZONE CALLED RALPH.

0 Conversations

MMm particle waveleangths and such like? Philosophy and religion. I think For all its worth the basic problem with God is that we cannot grasp it with dialectic arguments. A dialectic view of the world allows us to fashion and experience it in its component parts.I personally have been brought up a catholic in Many catholic schools and have done the whole kit and caboudle about sacraments yada yad yada. Personally I think that god is a bit like an annoying thing out of the corner of your eye.You sense its presence, the underlying order within the randomness of life but the moment you try to view, or access using logic, senses, it its no longer God because its innate contadiction is part of its nature. That is why I mentiones shroedingers cat before. Viewing or accessing the cat is a dialectic act.God is kind of that crazy intermediate state that cant possibly exist. Obviously this is nonsense when it comes to the cat (we are aware that it is not God therefore it cant possibly pull off the stunt of being in an intermediate state. However in my opinion for what its worth the religions of the world between themselves of kind of give us an insight into the godhead. The godhead is both independant from us, we live within it, and resides and flows through us. I dont think any major religion has got it right but at the same time I dont think that any have it badly wrong either.
The purpose of religion is to try and breakdown this barrier between God and man, to give a the rising chimp a chance to scrub some of the dirt off the glass ceiling to God. But he is not going to do it with soap and water (dialectic postulates, hypothesis etc...) He is going to do it with soapy water applied by a sponge (religion) but he has to be carefall what he does with the sponge: The right amount of pressure needs to be used, enough to get the dirt off, but not enough to break the glass. It does not so much matter how you sponge the glass (christianity, buddism etc) the concept by which you sponge the glass is the same : temperance, the middleway.I came through this conclusion through my own paticular sport which is fencing. In it you are drilled to learn a set number of repetoir or moves that will allow you to hit your target, without getting hit yourself. Its very mathematical in a sense A plus B plus C yield your intended result. But the the moved will Never work unless they flow. Time and again I see beginners pulling off the moves but not flowing toghether at the right tempo, cadence or resonance.You start fencing unformed and unfashioned, not knowing the moves (primal stage, newborn), then you get indoctrinated in the moves (dialectic,religion) but then to develop you have to develop a sense of timing and rediscover a feeling for flow...and here is the most important thing, veryone has their own paticulat flow, but you adjust it the the move and situation)

There is no Universal parry or unbeatable lunge, just as there is no universal answer to LIFE UNIVERSE OR EVERYTHING. The right moves or dialectic will help you out but only so far. The Perfect lunge or parry is the one i that is done at the correct speed at the correct time in the right circumstance.

To be able to realise to do the right thing you have to reach a state of what the japanese call MU or NO MIND.It is very hard to keep up because it requires you to empty your mind of anxieties and worrys and "tapinto the flow" and be impervious to outside ditractions from the outside world. Its very similar to eastern meditative culture, or the kind of emptyness I used to get when praying at church as a child.

Now at this moment you may be saying " Oh come on you mean that all we have to do with life is keep this state OF NO MIND. You know its not true, I know its not true. And the reason is this.Even when you are in no mind you may come up againsts an opponent that is doing a move you have never come across before or a move that is just a bit alien. Even if you are in NO MIND you will not be able to react to this move beacause the knowledge isnt there. You will have to come out of NO MIND to figure the problem out, because the problem is a dialectic one no one of no mind you say to yourself " hes doing a parade in a low sixte along with a mezzo cerchio, so if I disengage and break timeI should be able to evade it". This by the way is exactly how we discuss things on this message board. But knowing how to do the move is not going to work propoerly if you dont immesdiatly switch back into NO MIND.
When I first read Robert M Pirsig ZEN AND THE ART OF MOTORCYCLE MAINATINANCE when i was about 16, I thought he was crackers but now I see that how right he is You cant figure god out with dialectic arguments, god is where NO MIND is, we tap into it, it taps into us. That is not to say that dialectic is as much as a problem as Pirisg would like us to belive-The human race has progressed much because of dialectic, not because of no mind. But the lack of No mind somethimes does not allow the human race to flow with is enviroment or with each other.Ill give you an example. In the city of Verona in Italy there is a Roman arena. Out of all the buildings around it there is one that the citizens of Verona do not like, its the town hall built during the 1920's. If you look at it you would say its a building masterpiece.A really impressive building built in a classical Roman style to fit in with the Arena by it. Infact bar the Roman Arena its the most impressive building in Piazza bra. The older buildings around it are nowhere near as impressive. But it doesnt fit in. It 'feels' ugly and not right.The reason, is not because its style-roman is a dialectic concept-but its lines. Its collumns and lines are very verticle. Nealrly all the other buldings around the Roman arena follow the style of the arena-not classically roman in style but follow the idea of the arenas arches which is repeated. Sure some buildings are quite modern with air conditioning and internet capabilities made of modern and very clever materials, but they all follow curves. It the architect that devised the wonderfall town hall in the ministry in rome never bothered to go to piazza bra and have an ice cream there and speak to the preety ladies.He was just told thatbthere was a roman arena there and build something big and impressive for the fascist regime. But if he had out of the corner of his eye he would have sensed 'arches' and built something with 'quality'

I what Ive written is a bit crackers. I can see a few 'dialectic' flaws in the argument (life is not like an opponent on a fencing piste) but just flow with it and feel the 'spirit of the argument@

To tell you the truth, no mind is rather interesting because perception is neither here no there. Infact is rather like as you are watching yourself act whist something else controls. This is I think the crux of spirituallity. Hence this is where I think there is a problem with the "mind body and spirit" phrase. I think Mind body and soul is a better phrase.

Mind realates to our concious faculties and our ability to make and engage in dialectic interaction with the outside world.It is perishable and is left behind in the world

The Body is the lense through which the mind can interact with its enviroment. The body is also important.Things such as The acuteness of senses, levels of seratonin, the interaction between the left/right brain, all distorts and fluctautes how the mind percieves.It also perishes after death.

The soul or the unconciouss, all that huge repository of memory, feelings emotions, dreams, desires and repressions and hurt is kinda like the luggage of our lives. A lot of people have this idea ithat souyl and spirit are the same thing. I am almost convinced it isnt. Unconciousness does not seem to have any life of its own as such. Its a source odly enough of creativity, hence its attribution throughout the ages tothe female psche and instinct. I dont think that it is inherently female, but its kinda fecund with promise. We tap into it when we feel desire to create-hence the use of noracotics to tap into its creativity. There seems to be some suggestions that this repository of knowlege may live on after the mind and body start feeding the worms. Im undecided about it.I think thats is a compleatly different question to spirituality. Mayby some buddhists can fill us in here about stuff such as reincarnation and if it really his an individual soul actually going on of if its just a series of self unaware mass unconciousness flotaing around that gets stored (cant really say..its all a bit weired to me) . maybe the soul shouyld be treated as a sort of resouces we can draw on. It seems that if we do not fufill in someways a souls desires the amount of spirit/chi/fuzzy zone called ralph isseverely compromised. Hence if your unconciousness is breaking through your mind causing depression, anxiety or stress you will have difficulty reaching 'no mind'. Which is interesting because the western world treats 'No mind' or forms of meditation as a cure for depression and anxiety, whilst in my view it would be much faster not to deal with spirituality, but with the unconcious and find out exactly where the turmil is, because the moment you come out of 'no mind' the turmoil will STILL BE THERE.

This leads us to spirit, which it appears is quite difficult to classify and I believe cannot be classified through dialectic argumnts and flows better when the mind takes aback seat and the soul is properly nourished. The problem lies I think that is both within us and without us. Most religions or beliefs have this concept "of breath of life" or "native hue of resolution" When someone taps into 'no mind' they tap through what seems to be their own spirit dynamics>
This leads me to believe that while veryone has their own spirit dynamic as it were, it by itself is not enough to achieve to tap into the flow, but is the key to allow it. This by the way is where to b*ll s*it and c&ap of astrology and other divinitory systems have something going for them, as they claim that a person is born with a certain spirit archetype with its own strength and weakness. On the fencing piste this kind of manifests itself when both fencers are in No Mind, but where one may tap into the resonance so that it flows in a very fiery fasion another may tap into it with more intensity.
It may be that when the body dies this borrowed 'breath of spirit' returns to the collective spirit that it usually channels from'

By ther way this is Alckemy. It never was a ability to make base metal into Gold. This was a cunning ruse or a metaphor that the alchemists of old use to explain their quest to merge mind body spirit and soul in life.

Just a thought

>

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A1024093

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more