A Conversation for Through the Doughnut Hole

Attracting some attention

Post 1

Marjin, After a long time of procrastination back lurking

I have not tried this, but it should work.

Walk with the things you want to buy to the exit, stop just before the security gate and hold your stuff inside it. This should generate a lot of alarms, but as you are standing inside, you have done nothing illegal(yet).

Then friendly ask: Is someone prepared to help me pay for it, or may I just leave? smiley - smiley


Attracting some attention

Post 2

Post Team

Hi Marjin... ~huggle~ ... Now this is a good idea... and me had just the same one the other whilst in Smiths... Me went to one check-out only to be told they were busy and could I go to the check-out by the door... arriving there... me saw one other person waiting and no one on the till... we waited... and a gentleman wanting a newspaper joined the queue... and we waited... ~bored sigh~... It was at that point that me wondered if anyone would come if me just walked out with what me had... though me hadn't thought to just stand within the shop door so as not to leave the actual premisis...

Greebs..xx


Attracting some attention

Post 3

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

To avoidance borderline issues and debates whether were you in or out, stay well inside the door and throw your intended purchases out the door. If alarms sound you will be able to engage an employee in conversation by saying 'they went that-away'.
And, obviously, if no alarms sound you can just quietly leave. A willing accomplice outside the store can help protect your intended purchases from any passing thieves.
smiley - winkeye
~jwf~


Attracting some attention

Post 4

Post Team

Oh my... me see's you have indeed got a criminal masterminds brain... ~grin~... naughty you... Give it back before they miss it... that's my advice... ~huggle~

Greebs..xx


Attracting some attention

Post 5

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

smiley - biggrin
Yep, I musta had somebody's mind that's for sure.
I would never have said:

>> To avoidance borderline issues...<<

and

>> ..whether were you in or out.. <<

smiley - winkeye Why none o' that don't even make no sense grammeractically or otherwise. I figgers it were one of them 'possession' episodes. Sneeked up on me when I was working up to saying 'they went that-a-way' in my best country and western accent.
smiley - peacedove
~jwf~


Attracting some attention

Post 6

Post Team

Now would someone who talks like what me does have any complaints about spelling or indeed grammer... ~grin~... me likes grammer... in facts me likes both of them... grandpa's not bad either... he buys me doughnuts sometimes...

Greebs..xx


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more