A Conversation for h2g2 Post 08.05.03

Some sad news

Post 1

Post Team

I received an email from U214221 Useless Hound this morning informing me that her 'best friend/husband/soulmate/Ravager died yesterday and it will take time to be normal'.

I am sure that you will all join me in sending our condolances to one of our best column writers at this time and also in offering any support she may need.

Please post any comments to this thread and I'll make sure that she sees it when she feels up to it.

shazz smiley - thepost


Some sad news

Post 2

zendevil



Dear Useless hound (which you certainly are not!)

Shazz has just broken the news to us. What can I or anyone say? Absolutely nothing on earth is going to feel as if it is any help whatsoever, but maybe later you may look at this & at least know that we are thinking of you very much.

I am sure even the concept of "later" seems like the ultimate cruelty at present.

I have had rather too much personal experience of death myself; I certainly am not going to say "I know what it's like"; since I never knew this very special person & only know you because I lurked your column & page yesterday.

I have to say I would consider you to be very talented indeed; this may not be of any consolation right now; but then again, a true writer (which you certainly are) often finds writing it down to be a form of therapy when all else fails.

I do hope that you have friends & family around you, if by any chance you felt it would help to have another outlet for your grief, please do email me, shazz will pass on my address.

smiley - love

smiley - zensmiley - devilTerri.


Some sad news

Post 3

J

Boots

I am soo sorry! I don't expect that you'll be able to come back to h2g2 for some time, but I'm certainly glad you told Shazz.

As Terri & Yoda said, I certainly am not going to say "I know what it's like". I haven't had much of an experience with death. A distant grandmother died when I was eleven, but I didn't know her very well.

Remember that we on h2g2 will always be here for you, no matter how long we have to wait.

smiley - cuddle

smiley - blacksheep


Some sad news

Post 4

Demon Drawer

smiley - cuddle

Love, cuddles and prayers to you and your friends and family at this time. Take your time returning to normality I'm sure he was a great man and you will be missing him. Have time to be sad and remember. Look forward to the day that you can face the world and realise that though he is gane you are still here and still have much to give.

DD


Some sad news

Post 5

a girl called Ben

Oh, Boots, my dear. I cannot begin to imagine. You are both, (all of you), in my thoughts. Take care, and take comfort.

Love

Ben


Some sad news

Post 6

DoctorMO (Keeper of the Computer, Guru, Community Artist)

I'm so sadened by the news, smiley - cry, I enjoy the articals so much, and it's such realism with cinicism, this is just crule fate...

-- DoctorMO --


Some sad news

Post 7

Peregrine, 22nd Duke of Earl ~ What would Magnum P.I. do ? ~

Dear Boots,

This is so sad, and you have my heartfelt condolences.

Perry.


Some sad news

Post 8

J

Anyone who has the time can go to A1047043 and leave their thoughts.

smiley - blacksheep


Some sad news

Post 9

abbi normal "Putting on the Ritz" with Dr Frankenstein

smiley - rosesmiley - lovesmiley - rose
How sad. Sorry to hear you've lost a loved one *useless hound*
smiley - peacedove
smiley - disco


Some sad news

Post 10

a girl called Ben

Jodan, what a good idea, and you have chosen the picture well.

B


Some sad news

Post 11

Boots

Thank you all. This is a good ten minutes so I thought I'd just pop by to say how much your lovely messages mean. The offsprung who have not even met you yet think that you are all 'positively splendid' and Ravager would have been well chuffed. He always took such great care of me and he would be happy to think that others were there to help us through. Next few days could be a bit tricky...best leave the make up off methinks, but you are right, it will help to write things down and he was so proud when I made the front page...so I will see you all soon and thank you.
Take care
Boots xxxx


Some sad news

Post 12

magoogy

my thoughts are wiv u
xxxxxkez


Some sad news

Post 13

Abi

I am so sorry for your loss.

smiley - cuddle


Some sad news

Post 14

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

As am Ismiley - cuddle

smiley - rose


Some sad news

Post 15

Laura

smiley - cry
I am so sorry Boots, fellow archer. This is very sad news. Take care.
smiley - cuddle
smiley - rose


Some sad news

Post 16

pheloxi | is it time to wear a hat? |

smiley - hug

my thoughts are with you.

pheloxi


Some sad news

Post 17

Zantic - Who is this woman??

smiley - cuddle

Thinking of you all.

Zantic


Some sad news

Post 18

Wildman - I'm not really mad, I've just been in a very bad mood for 40 years!


smiley - cry

Even friends you do not yet know are thinking of you.smiley - rose


Some sad news

Post 19

Dr Deckchair Funderlik

My sympathies, Boots.
smiley - rose


Key: Complain about this post