A Conversation for Mental Meanderings

Never ending story game

Post 61

Flake99


Such is the state of the Universe today, not many people visit uncharted places anymore.


Never ending story game

Post 62

Laura

Especially the uncharted research station somewhere in deepest, darkest Essex.


Never ending story game

Post 63

Flake99


Come to think of it, the things that were 'uncharted' were beginning to add up. A fact that...

(p.s. sorry, can 'anymore' in post 61 be altered to 'very often'? thanks, it was bugging me.)


Never ending story game

Post 64

Laura

there was one crucial factor that linked them all together.

(I've changed it on the page smiley - smiley)


Never ending story game

Post 65

Flake99


Unfortunatly, the only people in the Universe that were anywhere near to finding out were the great cat fleet.


Never ending story game

Post 66

Flake99


(thanks)


Never ending story game

Post 67

Darkwin - the critical morass from terrarium

were over 40K hyperkilometers away, and so...


Never ending story game

Post 68

Flake99


...it was even more inconsequential when combined with the fact that they had all perished earlier.


Never ending story game

Post 69

Vaeltaja A216672

Fortunately the inconsequentiality engine (still powered by Schrodinger's cat in a box) meant that the cats could well be alive, no-one would know until they reached them and made contact.


Never ending story game

Post 70

Flake99


Sadly, the only person close enough to make contact was God, and he didn't care much anyway. Presently, he was on his way out of this uncharted backwater of the Universe in a converted...


Never ending story game

Post 71

Laura

metaphor, and was having a little trouble with the steering.


Never ending story game

Post 72

Flake99


God only knows why he didn't buy a simile - so much more reliable, especially the german ones.


Never ending story game

Post 73

Laura

However, it was not important that some were close to finding out the secrets of uncharted areas, as the inhabitants of an uncharted planet already knew, and they were small and furry with large amber eyes.


Never ending story game

Post 74

Flake99


What these inhabitants knew was this: not many people visited uncharted places anymore because across the entirity of the Universe, people were becoming less and less imaginative. People were buying Tom Clancy books, for god's sake.


Never ending story game

Post 75

Laura

Their own planet was protected by a metaphysical field - it only existed if the visitor was capable of imagining that it was there. Consequently it remained uncharted.


Never ending story game

Post 76

Flake99


What the small furry creatures really wanted was a great, adventurous explorer to drop by one day. On a tuesday maybe. An explorer of the old kind, fearless through stupidity rather than bravery.


Never ending story game

Post 77

Laura

Such an explorer never came, and eventually they tired of waiting and went off to explore the universe themselves.


Never ending story game

Post 78

Flake99


They sent four explorers, each to a different corner of the Universe, each with a mission to uncover why imagination, facination and general creativity was disappearing from the stars. And to see what could be done about it.


Never ending story game

Post 79

Darkwin - the critical morass from terrarium

The Western spiral arm was assigned to the freaky little Firminian - Oddy. Oddy wasn't a particularly...


Never ending story game

Post 80

Laura

skilled at landing simalis.


Key: Complain about this post