A Conversation for The Marx Brothers

punctuation

Post 1

Nitina the Pig (see my new personal space!)

Well I have to say that apart from being an interesting article, I noticed that you had placed an apostrophe at the end of the word brothers, which is the correct way to do for plurals that end in s, but most people unfortunately don't know that.




punctuation

Post 2

Oberon2001 (Scout)

smiley - laugh Actually, somebody picked me up on that just before this went into the guide. smiley - blush
Oberon2001


punctuation

Post 3

Superplonker

Dang, you beat me to it.

Good work.


punctuation

Post 4

Smij - Formerly Jimster

Well, we aim to please, Nitina. And glad you liked the entry too. It's part of a series of entries on the Marx Brothers for you to enjoy...



...This February - ONLY on h2g2!


punctuation

Post 5

Recumbentman

Rats, another bit of punctuation: at the end of the Flywheel Shyster & Flywheel paragraph it seems a colon is needed after "after" (before "Duck Soup"). To judge from what went above, Duck Soup came after the redio season, Best of all to replace that "after" with a colon. But now it's in the edited guide, is it too late?


punctuation

Post 6

Recumbentman

Nope, disregard that, it makes perfect sense as it is on rereading it while awake. Back to sleep.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more