A Conversation for Great Dates in History

11 / 9 / 2001

Post 1

the_jon_m - bluesman of the parish

Perhaps better known as 9/11. They day the world stood still as evil struck America


11 / 9 / 2001

Post 2

J

For someone writing about 9/11, I wrote a good deal of stuff I don't intend to put into PR. You could use that quote I have at the top of my entry at A998580

smiley - blacksheep


11 / 9 / 2001

Post 3

Researcher 219823

I thought it was two Boeings going boing -and this part of the world was sitting on his sit upon.

The real criminals are even now busily engaged on a cover up, denying the right of USAn's to speak about the subject, some of which is in open debate world wide.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/907379.asp?0cv=CB10&cp1=1


11 / 9 / 2001

Post 4

Kerr_Avon - hunting stray apostrophes and gutting poorly parsed sentences

"I have always remembered September 11, 2001 as 'The Day the World Stood Still.' Because - let's face it - everyone stopped in their tracks when they heard the news."

I didn't, and neither did anyone else I was with. The little Welsh ladies went on chatting and making daleks, and we went on touring the factory.

smiley - ale


11 / 9 / 2001

Post 5

Researcher 219823

You have to admit that the falling out of the sky ratio for boeings is pretty high. At one time they couldn't make the headlines with it. I suppose they had to have two at once to make a splash.

Bring back hijacking them to Cuba I say! They should never have stopped them doing that. You knew where you were on one of those flights.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more