A Conversation for Fears and Phobias and How to Deal with Them

Fear of Driving

Post 1

Val( Patron Saint Of Chorley )

I passed my test 1st time about 8yrs ago, and cannot get over the fear of driving on my own.In fact, I don`t even drive now and if I`m asked by anyone if I do drive, I now say no.The roads frighten the life out of me now and I don`t think I`ll ever get over my fear.Mind you, I think I`ll need lessons on how to handle a car now.


Fear of Driving

Post 2

idling

I passed my test two weeks ago and have decided to sell my little car (bought as badly needed motivation) and embrace public transport.

I hated driving lessons - both with my instructor and with my husband - and it took me a year of weekly lessons to get up to a decent standard. The thought of going out on my own is horrible! I thought it was just me though... it is a relief to know there is someone else who can't bring themselves to do it. It scares me that I could not drive for 30 years from passing the test, and then get in a car and drive down a motorway without needing to have any refresher lessons?! Insane. I'd even get cheap insurance for having a clean licence for so long!!

I am fed up of people now asking me if I have been anywhere yet... I think I am going to follow your lead and say I don't drive in future!


Fear of Driving

Post 3

Leopardskinfynn... sexy mama

I don't drive either.

I've sat my test 3 times, but my fear gets the better of me every time. smiley - wah
I loathe everything about driving! smiley - monster
I'm fine as a passenger but as soon as I'm behind the wheel I get overwhelmed by the responsibility of controlling a dangerous machine and start to get claustrophobic and panic.

I now tell people that it's unseemly to drive, especially for a lady of my calibre. smiley - winkeye

smiley - rofl


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more