A Conversation for Tips on How to Make Commuting Bearable

Ears of a Fox

Post 1

Abi

My favourite way of passing the time is eavesdropping... yes I know it is terrible and I shouldn't do it, but I just cannot resist it!

This is a conversation from the train a few months back had me in stitches. I have not embroidered it, and it is as word for word as possible.

Bloke 1: So he rang up and said he and Sheila were going to see the new Harry Potter.

Bloke 2: Oh I really want to see that.

B1: I wouldn't bother if I was you. I am a big fan of the books, I have read all five, but the first film was really really tame. I can't be bothered, I am going to wait for it to be shown on Channel 5.

B2: We can't get Channel 5. Can you get Channel 5?

B1: Well we get it through Sky Digital. When we bought the house, the dish was there. Didn't get round to buying a subscription though. Any way I only watch Channel 5 for Fifth Gear.

B2: What's Fifth Gear like?

B1: Don't know, don't watch it.


Key: Complain about this post

Ears of a Fox

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more