A Conversation for Tips on How to Make Commuting Bearable

plotsummary

Post 1

Researcher 220276


Some years ago, durring my trip through Europe I wrote a story about a transportation system. A very special INTELLIGENT transportation system that lives on rails (but has rubber wheels so can go off them) 'adopts' people who 'feed' it... anyways two engines, T-Tran and Cabbbooose, wake up one day to find that all the people have gone, as well as the geneticly engineered maintainance monkeys... The story is of the engines search for their humans... whom it turns out have reverted to tribal natives... the story closes with the two engines lights dimming finally as they find the humans, who turn their backs and walk away. (because something happened and they left long ago, really)

Inspired by the French metro I think; now we have the chunnel and the TGV as well. If we could only 'fix' the freeways... nah too much work.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more