A Conversation for The 'Shoes' Books by Noel Streatfeild

other books by this author

Post 1

Sue de Nomme

hi
I enjoyed your entry on Noel Streatfield. However the one book of her's that i loved was 'Children of Primrose Lane' Set during WW2 its a story of six children who catch a German spy. Have you read it?

sue


other books by this author

Post 2

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

Yup, have that one. I have a more or less full list of her books here:

A899021

Some of my other favorites are the Gemma books, Thursday's Child, and Caldicott Place.

smiley - smiley
Mikey


other books by this author

Post 3

Sue de Nomme

Hi Mikey
So which other authors do you like?


other books by this author

Post 4

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

Hmmm...Another good "girls" books author I enjoy is Jean Estoril/Mabel Esther Allen (two names, same person) -- she wrote the "Drina" series, as well as some other books. In many ways similar to the Streatfeild books, although more emotional in tone.

I also have a complete set of the Cherry Ames books -- somewhere around h2g2 is an Edited Guide entry I wrote about those, too. They're somewhat like Nancy Drew books, but about a young nurse in the 40s and 50s.

I also like a lot of science fiction. smiley - smiley

What about you?

smiley - mouse


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more