A Conversation for Diet Coke

TAB

Post 1

Sho - employed again!

wasn't Tab the diet coke in the 70s?


TAB

Post 2

Dj in the UK

I thought TAB was a different product of the Coca Cola company, like Sprite is or something. Did TAB taste of Coke? I remeber it being clear, but er, that's about it! You can't buy it any more can you? (at least in England, think I saw it availible in NYC last year).

Dj in the UK


TAB

Post 3

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

*shudders at the remembrance*

http://home.epix.net/~tjwagner/tab.html

I put Tab and Diet Rite in the same category -- soft drinks that are far better forgotten....


TAB

Post 4

Dj in the UK

Interesting web site. I did pick up the TAB can I saw in a convience store in NYC contemplating whether to try it again to see if it tasted like I remember, but the warning mentioned on the website that appeared on the can, "Use of this product may be hazardous to your health. This product contains saccharin which has been determined to cause cancer in laboratory animals." caused me to put it back on the shelf!

I'm sure it was never as nice as Diet Coke anyway, which by the way I drink constantly - bad habit I know. I don't like 'The real thing' anymore having got used to the taste of the diet stuff.

Diet Rite?? That I don't remember.

Dj in the UK


TAB

Post 5

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

Diet Rite is the diet version of "RC Cola" (with the RC standing for Royal Crown or somesuch). It's still on the market, but I've never actually *seen* anyone drinking it....

smiley - winkeye
Mikey


TAB

Post 6

Sea Change

TAB still exists. I remember it being a separate product that got bought by the Coke people. The chemical in question is saccharine, which contributes greatly to the taste. I think the saccharine study was pretty flawed, so I'd take the warning with a grain of salt. I don't like it or Aspartame enough to drink either.


Key: Complain about this post