0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 1st January 2024

This week's title is Here, There, and Everywhere. Clockwise from upper left: A shop stand with envelopes holding a puzzle called The Missed Flight, A cartoon showing a man trying to pull another's leg, an AI-generated image of this week's recipe, which is a pizza casserole, a rushing river, an organ grinder, Leonard Bernstein, a moorhen at sunset, the Austrian Hohe Wand at morning, and a brilliant red sunset in Liverpool.

It's another new year. Will it be a good one or bad one? Only time will tell. We'll do our best to make the most of our opportunities to cheer and amuse one another and to share our tid/titbits about Life, the Universe, and Everything.

Speaking of which, we've got lots of Christmas leftovers for you this week: stuff from the holidays. A tree ornament. Holiday lights. Dogs and cats enjoying gifts. Stuff like that.

We've also got humour, such as it is. We have the usual humour: the stuff put together by the more-or-less professional Post Staff. And then we have the jokes perpetrated on the Editor by the general membership. You get to see these, too, because it's the Silly Season.

Our novella projects begin in two weeks. Caveat lector. To make sure you are fully informed and can take protective measures, this week's issue includes introductions to most of the novellas. You can write one, if you like: you just have to stick to the schedule. Don't wanna? How about sending us a one-off short story, poem, or anecdote? We aren't picky. If you've read our novels, you know that already.

Share and enjoy, as usual. Have a great start to the new year. Remember your all-weather gear and your cameras.


Dmitri Gheorgheni



Cover for The Building, DG's new book, available from Lulu.
You have a friend who
NEEDS THIS BOOK.
Buy it now!



Quote of the Week. Just saw a magpie fly by my office window carrying an entire granola bar. I like to think that somewhere nearby there's a person standing there with empty hands, looking up at the sky saying, 'Whaaaa?'

Janet Hill, Twitter
Woolly mammoth and offspring in a snowglobe.


December 2023 Post Challenge:
All Things Holiday


Video Extra:
Soaring Marsh Harrier
Click here in Ripley


WILDLIFE VISITS
Goldcrest at Last!

Goldcrest in bush by SashaQ.

BEST OF THE SEASON

OUTDOOR GLIMPSES & INDOOR COMFORTS

Cheap and Ecofriendly

Candy cane decorations on a trailer porch by Paulh.


A TASTY HOLIDAY




STOP PRESS SKYWATCH
Mother-of-pearl, or nacreous clouds in the skies over SW England, captured by Angel LiaDan.
SEE YOU IN THE FUNNY PAPERS
HOLIDAY STUFFZ


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A88042179

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more