Italian Pasta Salad - Fast and Delicious Content from the guide to life, the universe and everything

Italian Pasta Salad - Fast and Delicious

0 Conversations

A photo of Italian Pasta Salad in a glass bowl on a wooden table

This recipe is a nice dish for summer when you don't feel like doing much cooking. It can be vegetarian1 or vegan2 and all quantities can be adapted to personal taste and number of mouths to feed - that's why this recipe will not give you any measurements.

Feel free to add or take away ingredients as you like and change this recipe to your heart's desire.

Ingredients

  • Italian Pasta, for instance Penne or Fusilli (but not something like Spaghetti)
  • Red pesto
  • Dried tomatoes, cut into small pieces
  • Black olives, without stones, cut into rings
  • Pine nuts, chopped
  • Cocktail tomatoes, quartered
  • Mozzarella, cut into pieces
  • Rucola3
  • Optional: parmesan cheese, grated (or in shavings)
  • Method

    Boil the pasta and meanwhile cut and chop all the other ingredients. When the pasta is done and the water is poured off, first add pesto and mix thoroughly. Then put in dried tomatoes and olives and pine nuts. Let everything cool off a bit before adding everything else so the tomatoes don't get warm and the cheese doesn't melt.

    If you like you can also first lay out plates or bowls lined with rucola and add the other (already mixed) ingredients on top.

    You can eat this dish while it is still warm or store it in the fridge for later.

    1If vegetarian cheese is used.2If vegan cheese is used.3Also called for instance rocket, arugula or eruca.

    Bookmark on your Personal Space


    Conversations About This Entry

    There are no Conversations for this Entry

    Edited Entry

    A88030334

    Infinite Improbability Drive

    Infinite Improbability Drive

    Read a random Edited Entry

    Categorised In:


    Write an Entry

    "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

    Write an entry
    Read more