Twitter Strikes Again: Making Fun of Connecticut

1 Conversation

Twitter Strikes Again: Making Fun of Connecticut

Twitter, as we know, can be highly entertaining. The other evening, while the Brits were asleep, this happened on US Twitter.

Original Post: Don’t talk to me about the founding fathers not wanting DC to be a state unless you also support Mega Virginia.
Map of the original 13 US states and their land claims

Hilarity ensued.

Imagining the insufferability of Long Connecticut.
This is simply too much Connecticut.
smiley - Bleep that, let's hear it for Long Connecticut!
What are you DOING Connecticut?!!
A little known feature of American history is when Connecticut and Pennsylvania briefly went to war over control of the Scranton area. [This is true!]
Disconnecticut is good but I'd advocate for two separate states called Connecticut and Connectipaste
Justice for Long Connecticut.
Who rides for non-contiguous Connecticut?
Imagine for a moment: Cleveland, Connecticut.
Therapist: Long Connecticut isn't real; it can't hurt you..

Finally, a sensible American spoke for the rest of us.

Massachusetts and Connecticut are not even attached to their current states!

We need to stop using historical 'what ifs' to guide policy in 2021.
Dmitri Gheorgheni Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

05.04.21 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A88018301

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more