The h2g2 Post 07.12.20

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 7th December 2020

More Things in Heaven and Earth

Echium Pininana, The Giant Viper's Bugloss, by Cactuscafe. Welcome back to the h2g2 Post, where things are only getting weirder. You absolutely wouldn't believe the things we've seen and done. We know that. That's why we take pictures. You're going to enjoy these.

Last week, we snuck in on the tail end of November with a new challenge for you: winter tales. If you haven't sent yours in yet, get cracking. We've collected quite a few so far, which you'll see in next week's issue. Send us your favourite tales and anecdotes. Or make something up. We're looking forward to some good fireside reading.

That plant over there is something Cactuscafe found on her peregrinations about Brighton. We'll tell you more inside. We have more unusual sights like that. Let's give you a rundown:

    Svengali hypnotises Trilby so that she can sing, from an old and awful novel.
  • Willem's got a gaur on the hoof. Factoid Fred's been spotting rocks. SashaQ thinks birds have an interesting profile, and so do lampposts in the fog. Paigetheoracle wins today's weirdness award with an unusual gardening photo.
  • Awix takes you farther than you'd ever have imagined in Japanese cinema. I have thoughts about the Milgram test. We test you on your knowledge of a Scots historical figure, and share a totally unnecessary novel from the past. (Svengali, Svengali, Svengali…)
  • Nature is full of surprises: Tavaron found a butterfly in her garden (in November!), the Post Office Back Forty has stubborn flowers, while inside, the Christmas cactus is blooming like it had a bet on. SashaQ amazes us with roses.
  • We have seen flying people, odd signs, very old jokes that are new all over again, and birds using zebra crossings.
  • Freewayriding lets us in on his writing process as he takes us on a walk on the Wirral. It's a journey back in time.
  • There's humour. There are ongoing stories. B4's 'Into You' continues, and Paulh has a hypothetical for you.


Read, read, read, and listen. Post nice comments. Send more Stuff. And have a good week!


Dmitri Gheorgheni



Mailbox
Write the Post at:
postteamhg-at-gmail-dot-com
Tweet at the Post and Edited Guide:
@h2g2_Guide



Quote of the Week: 'Some men are born to lead.' Yes, and frequently they seem to care not under what circumstances, or championing what cause.

Samuel Cattermole, Famous Frontiersmen, 1880.

Create December 2020 by Freewayriding
December Create Challenge:
Midwinter Tales


Video Extra: Fossie and Scooter, Mini-Goats


OUTDOOR OBSERVATIONS
Gaur

Gaur by Willem


INTERIOR THOUGHTS

NATURE'S SURPRISES

Surprise Butterfly

Atalanta Red Admiral butterfly by Tavaron.


NOTEWORTHY SIGHTINGS




Flying People
Near Rottingdean

Flying People Near Rottingdean, by Cactuscafe.

THIS'N'THAT
STORIES


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A88005044

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more