Post Quiz - US Foreign Policy Quotes: Answers

0 Conversations

US Foreign Policy Quotes: Answers

I think we all would agree with the wise words of former president George W Bush, who said, 'This foreign policy stuff is a little frustrating.' He also said, 'I know the human being and fish can co-exist peacefully,' which is, we hope, as true abroad as at home. For what it's worth, here are the answers to the quiz.

  1. ....my aim has been....to keep the United States free from political connections with every other country.
  2. ....it is some consolation that the desolation by these maniacs of one part of the earth is the means of improving it in other parts....let us milk the cow, while the Russian holds her by the horns....
  3. I have great satisfaction in stating that our relations with France, Russia, and other powers continue on the most friendly basis.
  4. When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretence of loving liberty – to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocrisy.
  5. In foreign affairs we must make up our minds that, whether we wish it or not, we are a great people and must play a great part in the world.
  6. Frankly, I do not know how to effect a permanency in American foreign policy.
  7. Domestic policy can only defeat us; foreign policy can kill us.
  8. Human rights is the soul of our foreign policy, because human rights is the very soul of our sense of nationhood.
  9. This foreign policy stuff is a little frustrating.
  10. Our relationship with Russia has NEVER been worse thanks to many years of U.S. foolishness and stupidity….
  1. George Washington
  2. Thomas Jefferson
  3. James Monroe
  4. Abraham Lincoln
  5. Theodore Roosevelt
  6. Franklin D Roosevelt
  7. John F Kennedy
  8. Jimmy Carter
  9. George W Bush
  10. Donald J Trump

Yes, they were in order of their tenures as president. If you knew that, you get an 'A' in history.

Heaven help us all.
Post Quiz and Oddities Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

06.08.18 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87915441

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more