A Conversation for Great Indian Scientists of the Ancient and Medieval Period

This was really a fascinating entry!

Post 1

Elektragheorgheni -Please read 'The Post'

I know that the Crusades were responsible for bringing some of the Eastern scientific concepts and maths to the West, but obviously the Indians had a long scientific tradition that few in the West are aware of. These doctors put the Greek ones to shame! And holistic medicine is a whole lot healthier than the western allopathic tendencies. Treating the body the way a garage mechanic does your car is NOT the way to go. I am looking forward to your next entry, Bengal Tiger. Your entries are VERY interesting.


This was really a fascinating entry!

Post 2

Bengal Tiger

Thanks Elektragheorgheni smiley - smiley
Your comments and view on oriental medical science is really appreciated.

Bengal Tiger
smiley - oksmiley - cheerssmiley - drumroll


This was really a fascinating entry!

Post 3

Elektragheorgheni -Please read 'The Post'

I know that h2g2 tends to be too UK centric. Do you have any ideas how we could encourage more researchers from India or Pakistan to get involved? India is becoming more and more important to the global economy and you guys have such a rich, intriguing history and possible insights and such a rich culture to share that our site could use a lot more imput from you all. It is true that the completely voluntary nature of the site sometimes holds things up but many hands make light work.


This was really a fascinating entry!

Post 4

Bengal Tiger

That is a really great idea. One way to encourage could be, in profile details, for those who have nationality India, Pakistan, Bangladesh or Sri Lanka, ... these members can be sent messages on their 'My Space' encouraging to write more on their history and culture.
Will think of some more ideas and let you know.

BT


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Great Indian Scientists of the Ancient and Medieval Period

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more