The Post Quiz: The Edited Guide And The Art Of Car Maintenance

0 Conversations

If you liked the planes, you might enjoy…

The Post Quiz: Car Care in the Edited Guide

'Come away with me, Lucile, in my merry Oldsmobile, down the road of life we'll fly…'

Our romance with the internal combustion engine plays a part in the Edited Guide. Check your knowledge of cars, their uses and maintenance, with this quiz.

Finish the sentence:

  1. 'A Bond car should ideally be _______ but more importantly it must be iconic and, above all, rare.'
  2. On the more recent licence plates, there is furthermore a blue block on the left hand side of the plate that features a white letter D [representing 'Deutschland'] below a circle of yellow stars, symbolising the _______________. Older registration plates do not carry this adornment.'
  3. 'The first quarter is used to wet the entire car and remove the more obvious clods of dirt and _____ _________.'
  4. 'Premises which carry out ____ are officially required to display the blue three triangles logo...'
  5. 'The discovery of a flat tyre on your car is best made as it __________________'
  6. 'Therefore, when you do decide to sleep in your car, please make sure that the car is _______.'
  7. 'Almost all rental vehicles in the USA have _________ transmissions.'
  8. 'An environmentally-friendly car is a _____________ car...'
  9. 'It is most important, when starting your car in extremely cold weather not to ______ the _______ or kill the battery.'
  10. 'Any kind of car you choose to drive in Devon will undoubtedly be too _____ for the type of road you are driving along that day. '

Think you kept your eye on the road? Check your score by clicking on the picture below.

The Wigwam Motel on Route 66
Post Quiz and Oddities Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

24.06.13 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87799504

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more