A Conversation for Ivor Cutler - Writer and Humourist

Ivor Cutler documentary on BBC Four

Post 1

Dr E Vibenstein (You know it is, it really is.)

A date for your diaries! BBC Four will be showing a documentary, "Ivor Cutler: Looking For Truth With A Pin" on Friday 15th April at 10 pm.

Digiguide describes it as "A celebration of the life and work of Ivor Cutler, whose career has spanned five decades and encompassed radio, television, records and books. Cutler has featured across all BBC radio networks, starting with the Home Service, and recorded over twenty legendary John Peel sessions for Radio One."


Ivor Cutler documentary on BBC Four

Post 2

Dr E Vibenstein (You know it is, it really is.)

And as if that wasn't enough, there's half an hour of "Ivor Cutler In Concert" directly afterwards. smiley - smiley


Ivor Cutler documentary on BBC Four

Post 3

Chris Morris

What a great documentary, particularly the clips from Late Night Lineup and the Tonight show and Ned Sherrin's reminiscences; but the best bit was Ivor himself, squinting sideways at the camera and raising a quizzical eyebrow as if he was having to keep an eye on a bunch of dangerously unpredictable extraterrestials.

And was that a quick glimpse of Frankie Roberto's book shop by any chance?


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more