A Conversation for Surviving a First Date

Be yourself

Post 21

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

Oh, that's 'acting as if' - a totally different thing from wearing a mask.

The thing is that your mind believes that reality is exactly as you think it is. Something like, whether you thing you can or you can't - you're right. That's one of the reasons that affirmations are so powerful if they're done correctly. For instance, 'I am a happy and confident person' and acting as if. It needs practice, though, as if you have believed for a long time that you are a worthless person, you may hear another voice in your head saying 'Oh, no you're not!. So that takes practice and repetition. Then you need to act that way, as action is very powerful.

And yes, pecularities do make people interesting. I can remember someone's advice to me several years, which was to let my whacky side out from time to time.smiley - laugh

smiley - fishsmiley - musicalnote


Be yourself

Post 22

Cupid Stunt

It's putting my wacky side away I have trouble with! Still, I'm sure the afformentioned guy was flirting with me on friday... Unless I have my delusional mask on...


Be yourself

Post 23

Ridiculous Chicken† - a very absurd little bird

Methinks I've managed to confuzzle my favourite person through no conscious effort of my own... this week he's been acting as though his brain is tied in a large and incomprehensible knot! But anyway... that's just the effect I seem to have on people! There's a HUGE rumour that he likes me, even though nobody knows I like him, but I'm having problems believing it!


Be yourself

Post 24

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

If you feel really good in yourself and 'act as if', then whatever happens, you should come out of it feeling good. If you have trouble believing it, then that will have its effect too and it's likely not to happen.

smiley - fishsmiley - musicalnote


Be yourself

Post 25

Cupid Stunt

Okay, situation: The reason I like this guy so much is his sense of humour, and we're always joking together. Today I told him I thought he wasn't minging, and he said 'you're not so minging yourself' and then he yawned and I asked if he wanted to go to bed. He said no, and we spent the rest of the afternoon joking about it. a) Do you reckon he's interested (not that you cn tell from that!) and b) am I coming on too strong? I would just ask him out, but he'd probably think I'm joking, and hang on i have to go...


Be yourself

Post 26

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

Well, for me, that would definitely be too forward. I think you have to go through the holding hands and kissing stage first!smiley - smiley

smiley - fishsmiley - musicalnote


Be yourself

Post 27

Cupid Stunt

I didn't mean actually doing it, just the asking! I wouldn't at this stage. The whole thing is hypothetical now anyway - got the whole 'let's be friends' thing the morning after the posting. It's okay, I really like him, so I really want to spend time with him in whichever way. And he hasn't said lets be friends and then not actually done it, so that's alright...


Be yourself

Post 28

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

smiley - cool It's definitely far better to be friends first and foremost. If love comes, it has a much better chance that way.smiley - magic

smiley - fishsmiley - musicalnote


Be yourself

Post 29

Cupid Stunt

Aw... Sweet! *feels all mushy now*


Key: Complain about this post