A Conversation for Anachronisms and Time Travel

DaVinci

Post 21

Brother Andúril - Guardian

A few comments:

1. You cant have a 'hyperdrive is leaking' without some sort of fuel to leak out.

2. You cant say a ship is 'barely moving' when it warps space around it. Its just moving very very fast in the conventional way, or quite slowly in an unconventional way.

3. I dont think the tank was a massive leap of logic, as had been said before. Take a roman legion in testudo and add a catapult to it, you have a 'tank'



DaVinci

Post 22

Mrs Zen

smiley - book


DaVinci

Post 23

AgProv2

Maybe da Vinci just had weird dreams and wanted to scribble down the ideas first thing in the morning before they were lost from conscious memory?

I had a recurring dream of a kind of "airborne triangle" floating pyramid sort of juggins that was big enough to take passengers, taking off and landing from a ceramic base station: I haven't the faintest idea how it might work nor how it's propelled (a little whisper in the dream said "via the flux"...) but it was real and striking enough to take note of.

Maybe in 300 or 400 years time all will be revealed? Maybe the real time machine is the human imagination or dreaming faculty, call it what you will.




Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more