A Conversation for 'Yo' - A Word People Live By

A Recent Credit Card Commercial

Post 1

Mikeguy

In a recent Credit Card Commercial, it features a converstation of 7 words: The word Yo is the most prominent, the name Yao, and the phrase, "Can I write a check?"

The commercial is from a New York souvenier shop in which a large athelete named Yao approaches and asks if he can write a check for his purchase (a statue of liberty). The woman points at a sign marked "No Checks" and says "Yo!" to indicate it! He replies, "Yao" pointing at the name on his jacket, thinking she has mispronounced his name. The conversation goes on with many Yo's, Yaos, and 'Can I write a check?'s. Eventually, after using 'Yo' as a greeting, as 'You', and as an indicator, the commercial advertises the credit card company it was made for. Then, it goes on to a man who is confused, his name being Yogi...


Key: Complain about this post

A Recent Credit Card Commercial

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more