A Conversation for Cake Recipes

Rhubarb Cake

Post 1

Noble

This is an old family recipe, which is great during a picnic on a hot summer day.

I need to apologize for the old Imperial measures, but then you Brits invented them...we're justs the idiots that are still using them.

Cream together 1/2 c. butter, and 1-1/2 c. brown sugar. Blend in 1 egg and 1 c. buttermilk. Sift in 2 c. flour, 1/2 tea. salt, and 1 tea. baking soda, and blend until smoth. Fold in 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 c. Rhubarb.

Turn batter into a greased and floured 13x9 glass baking pan. Top batter with a mixture of 1/4 to 1/2 c. sugar, 1 tea. cinnamon, and 1/4 c. copped nuts.

Bake in a 350 degree (fahrenheit of course) for 30 minutes until done.

It is best served cold.


Rhubarb Cake

Post 2

Ashley


Do you cook the rhubarb before hand?


Rhubarb Cake

Post 3

Noble

Sorry, the rhubarb goes in raw. Also the size of the chunks depends on your personal taste. I prefer them larger, so they stand out in the cake.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more