A Conversation for The World's Best Campsites

Nxai Pan - Botswana

Post 1

Trout Montague

Partially in response to this request, I have plugged the campsites of Nxai Pan National Park in Botswana.

Chances are, the three campsites have no facilities whatsoever and are occupied or at least frequented by indigenous creatures - such as elephant, hyena and leopard. If the water is on, it's a bonus.

As stated by a previous responder (is this a word?) it boils down to personal taste. I would prefer to stay at home than to go to a cmap site that has all singing all dancing facilities - it rather defeats the purpose of camping.

Dr Montague Trout


Nxai Pan - Botswana

Post 2

Trout Montague

The link http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/alabaster/A810587

It's in Peer Review plug plug plug.

Am I allowed to adverise my own entries like this?

M Trout


Nxai Pan - Botswana

Post 3

Smij - Formerly Jimster

Hello there - it's fine to promote your entries, although we won't be able to link to it via the Campsite entry (up on the Front Page tomorrow) until it becomes part of the Edited Guide.

Thanks for the contribution - a nice, unusual addition there.

smiley - bubbly

Jimster


Nxai Pan - Botswana

Post 4

Trout Montague

Mr Jimster,

Please can you recommend it for me.

Thanks. Monty


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more