A Conversation for Night Photography

hi snockerty

Post 1

FABT - new venture A815654 Angel spoiler page

i wonder if your impromptue master class is going to be recreated here?! like it was on the bottom of the peer review thread.

here's a question for you just in case.....

on cleaning out the tanks on the x-ray developing machine i was struck with the question: why does the developer turn into something almost but not quite exactly unlike tea?

FABT


hi snockerty

Post 2

Cakewalker

I can think of some people's tea that's almost but not quite entirely like used developer fluid smiley - winkeye (yes, I did mean to say like, not unlike). In I suspect direct contravenance of the health and safety laws I had to empty 35mm film developing machines while on work experience (aged circa 15). I seem to recall lots of holes in the carpet next to the machines... Presumably the tea colour is the chemical that's become detached from the celuloid backing by having been / having not been (not sure which way round it is) exposed to light. Or something like that.


hi snockerty

Post 3

FABT - new venture A815654 Angel spoiler page

well this was in a 15 litre tank in the xray developer so there hadnt been much through it cos we hadnt done many xrays. but maybe it was the x ray film disintagrating.

mmmmmmmm

x rays can out quite well though.


hi snockerty

Post 4

The Snockerty Friddle

Look round the back of the machine......there's a pipe that goes directly from the developer tank into the tea/coffee machine in the canteen.

How did the 'broken jug' shot come out?


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more