A Conversation for The Fate of the Last Supper Thirteen - a Very Brief Addendum

Well done

Post 1

Uncle Ghengis

A good mix of historical facts and a pinch of humour too.
And all done without insulting anyone... Excellent.


Well done

Post 2

Sam

Thank you very much indeed for your kind comments, Uncle Ghengis.smiley - smiley


Well done

Post 3

Bagpuss

Yes, the term "a light-hearted look" had me a bit worried, but I liked the entry. You mention James being possibly Jesus's cousin, but don't some hold that he was actually his brother (um... half-brother)? Oh and the final book of the Bible is the Revelation, not "Revelations".


Well done

Post 4

Jimi X

Excellent work Sam!

I would have liked to see a mention of the special place in Hell that Dante gave to Judas, but I'm not suffering without it.

I tend to subscribe to the more sympathetic view for poor old Judas as well. Born to lose and all that.

I really love him after his hanging in Jesus Christ Superstar especially in the film with that long white fringe and the choir of hot angels...


Well done

Post 5

Sam

Ha! And thanks for the tip on Revelation - I'll fix that that now.smiley - smiley


Well done

Post 6

Martin Harper

My only beef with the entry is that it seems a little onesided. To be sure I've no wish to demand 'equal time' for the other side of the story, but I think some indication that there *are* doubts in places would be appropriate.

Off the top of my head, John and Matthew are mentioned as having written the relevant gospels, but the authorship of the gospels is hotly debated; and the 'accepted story of his last days' is only accepted by christians - perhaps replace 'accepted' by 'christian' or 'biblical'?

But yeah, it is a good entry, and it was a fun read smiley - smiley

-Martin


Well done

Post 7

Hoovooloo

Just thought I join the general chorus of approval... smiley - cheers

H.


Well done

Post 8

Maverick

I agree too - well done! Interesting piece of writing - well-researched and informative, with that dash of humour.


Well done

Post 9

Sam

Many thanks everyone. smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more