A Conversation for The Romantic Novels of Georgette Heyer

A latecomer to this writer...

Post 1

Sho - employed again!

... but I used to look at my mum's vast collection and wonder if they were worth reading. 30 years later, and having started with An Infamous Army - I'm convinced. I also read The Toll Gate which is fabulous. I have Venitia up next - and having read this entry, I can't wait!


A latecomer to this writer...

Post 2

Mrs Zen

How did you get on with Venetia? smiley - smiley


A latecomer to this writer...

Post 3

Sho - employed again!

Oh boy how much did I love that one? I am totally completely and utterly hooked!

I've read 4. And to be honest I can't really choose between them.


A latecomer to this writer...

Post 4

Sho - employed again!

I've only read 4, btw. The Toll Gate (loved it), An Infamous Army (absolutely fantastic - and I've read a fair few accounts of the battle of Waterloo, this is up there with the best of them), Bath Tangle (made me chuckle and roll my eyes) and Venetia (probably my favourite so far)


A latecomer to this writer...

Post 5

Mrs Zen

Glad you enjoyed them. I'll happily re-read 'The Corinthian', and 'The Foundling' too. But Venetia is a special favourite.

Cheers.

B


A latecomer to this writer...

Post 6

Sho - employed again!

I'll be over at my mum's next month so I'll have to take back the 4 I borrowed and I'll see if she has those two.


A latecomer to this writer...

Post 7

Mrs Zen

There are very few that are actually bad - and you're a grownup, you can decide not to finish the ones you don't like!

smiley - smiley


A latecomer to this writer...

Post 8

Agapanthus

Dammit, I just brought the Spanish Bride, and now wish I'd brought Venetia. The shop had both, and I did ipsy-dipsy...


A latecomer to this writer...

Post 9

Mrs Zen

The Spanish Bride is also a faviourite, and also very sexy, and has the advantage of being true.


A latecomer to this writer...

Post 10

Sho - employed again!

The ones I've read have been sexy - I really am on tenterhooks to try more.

As for stopping a book I don't like - I've only ever really done that with 3 books. It's a skill I'm still learning. (but nice to be called a 'grown-up' that doesn't happen often smiley - winkeye)


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more