A Conversation for Herge's Adventures of Tintin

Teen-Teen!

Post 1

Primord

That's the way all those old shows pronounced his name.

They are fantastic books aren't they? I grew up reing the copies that belonged to my older brother and sister-which meant when children in my class were struggling with Ladybird books,
I was reading Alice in Wonderland (my brother taught me to read and write (a little) before I started School).
It's hard to pick a favourite book/character-but I do love The
Black Island & The Castafiore Emerald-nice humour in both.


Teen-Teen!

Post 2

Felonious Monk - h2g2s very own Bogeyman

Didn't Nelvana do a rather good animated series recently (now being shown on UK Channel 5)?

BTW: I think that significance of the name 'Akass' is that it really means 'Rosebud' smiley - smiley

FM


Teen-Teen!

Post 3

Primord

yep-they certainly did-and what a massive improvement they are on any previous offerings (I think these are the ones mentioned in the article as being French)

the Nelvana shows can also be seen now and then on Sky One-mainly during School Holidays.
Primordsmiley - pumpkin


Teen-Teen!

Post 4

Superplonker

My favourites were Red Reckham's Treasure and Secret of the Unicorn because they followed on from each other.

I was also fortunate enough to visit the Tin-tin gallery in Brussells last year. It was incredibly interesting seeing all of the art work and how it changed over the years.

They even has large models of Tin-tin, Haddock and Calculus in space suits. There were more, a bronze Tin-tin I believe, but the space suits stand out.


Teen-Teen!

Post 5

Primord

yeah-that's a great story-love the end of the first book-holding up the parchment to the light.

other two parters are Destination Moon & Explorers on the Moon

and

The Seven Crystal Balls & Prisoners of the Sun.

your trip to the Tin-Tin gallery
sounds very interesting. smiley - smiley
I'd love to see that.


Teen-Teen!

Post 6

kipperonthefloor - Make sense? What fun is there in Making sense?

you for got cigars and lotus


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more