A Conversation for Growing Up in the 1980s

'80s television

Post 21

TIMELORD

Jimster How can you list Star cops and tripods but not mention Red dwarf and the big one that NOONE REMEMBERED The hitch-hikers guide to the galaxy.
I would also think the BBC's invisible man and first born were worth a mention.


'80s television

Post 22

Smij - Formerly Jimster

I didn't mention Red Dwarf because I thought someone else would. Although to be fair, Red Dwarf is much more a '90s phenomenon than an '80s one.

smiley - smiley


'80s television

Post 23

invisibleknight

Blakes 7.
Sapphire & Steel.
Threads.
The Day After.
Space 1999.
Airwolf.
Quantum Leap.
ALF.
Street Hawk (Far, FAR superior to that Night Rider tripe).
2 Tone Music.
Live Aid.
The Challenger Shuttle Disaster.
The Falklands Conflict.

Can you remember being there? If you can you obviously haven't drunk enough and destroyed enough brain cells yet. It's all supposed to to be an 80's shaped blur that you can only remember dimly and all the shows on dvd don't look anywhere near as good as you remember them.

Apart from Dangermouse. Which is ageless.
Oh, and Button Moon. Which i was ALWAYS too old for. And no I don't care, it was still good.

And Fraggle Rock.

The Trash Heap has Spoken! Ner!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more