A Conversation for Archaeologists

I can dig it

Post 1

shovelmonkey

Love the entry! I work as an archaeologist in Franklin, Tennessee, USA and can tell you I love my work. Granted I don't get paid loads of money but a hard days work and a cold beer at the end of the day leave me smiling.


I can dig it

Post 2

Bogie

A cold beer paid for by the site manager is always welcome after a days digging!

B.


I can dig it

Post 3

Cayos

In five years I haven't found a site manager who actually pays for the drinks. Where you diggin'? Any chance of a job?


I can dig it

Post 4

Bogie

I'm not a digger any more! just and armchair archaeologist with a few very good books and photos.

The free drinks from the site manager usually come on the last day of the dig, by way of a thank-you for all the muck you've had to wade through.

There are lots of dig opertunities around the UK... have a look at http://www.ukarchaeology.org.uk/ for the latest news on dig places.

B.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more