h2g2 Post 20.06.02

0 Conversations


Posted: 20th June 2002

Editorial

Some you win, some you lose!

Ahn Jung-Hwan was signed to and played for Perugia football club in Italy on Tuesday - now he doesn't! He may have won for South Korea in the World Cup tussle on Tuesday, but the president of his Perugia club, Luciano Gaucci, seems to be suffering from a dose of sour grapes after Hwan scored the golden goal which sent Italy spinning out of the tournament. Somehow I don't think he will be too upset by this rebuff, however. He is the Korean equivalent of David Beckham, married to a former Miss Korea and feted by his countrymen. Besides, the Italians have a few problems of their own. Many papers at home were calling for the manager and trainer to 'stand trial' for the heinous crime of letting the nation down. They shoot horses don't they?

Other news of interest to me this week is the strike by traffic controllers at airports in France, Italy, Portugal, Greece and Hungary. Mainly because I am due to fly to the UK on Friday morning (with luck after England have won their match!) and my daughter is due to fly back from Greece on Saturday. If she is delayed, we may not have a chance to meet up. Why does this always happen at the start of the busy holiday season?

Finally, a few notices and acknowledgments. Ormy is a little under the weather and didn't want to inflict anything but his best on you all, so is taking a short break. Also missing is JJ - we don't know why, but hope to see her back very soon.

ShazzPRME
 
 
FeaturesRegulars


  • 45 Words

  • Demon Drawer with his potted history.

    This week DeForest Jackson Kelley



  • The Quest

  • sea with her story based on the tales of

    everyday h2g2ers.

  • The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A725690

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more