A Conversation for Zapruder's Film of the JFK Assassination

Wow!

Post 1

clzoomer- a bit woobly

Well done- informative, reasoned and well written. An excellent addition to the guide.

smiley - ok


Wow!

Post 2

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned


I just hope the true author has noticed this. smiley - smiley

lil xx
aka Laces.


Wow!

Post 3

TRiG (Ireland) A dog, so bade in office

This is a very impressive entry. Bravo! And it's stuff I didn't know. I knew very little about this assassination, to be honest.

TRiG.


Wow!

Post 4

cactuscafe

This is really interesting, thanks! I didn't know any of this, and good to read it on hootoo, always a source of quality research.

I was talking with Dmitri in my journal yesterday about the assassination, and our childhood memories of that fateful day.

Even though I'm a member of hootoo, I really like it when links to Guide Entries are tweeted from the Guide Editors. It helps me to refine my reading. Thanks!


Wow!

Post 5

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned


Hi CC,

I'm glad you found this to be an interesting Entry. I just hope the original author is aware that it has been used once more.

I have seen advertising clips showing the dramatization of the film, but am not certain when it will be shown on tv.

Btw, it has also been recently mentioned that Richard Stolley realised that Zapruder didn't have a copy of the film and contacted him many years later to ask if he would like a copy.

Zapruder said:

"I never want that film in my house!"



lil x

aka laces


Wow!

Post 6

cactuscafe

Hey lil! smiley - kiss aka laces? smiley - rofl

That's interesting. So the film, that started as an innocent cine film, was a total burden to Zapruder. Hmmm, I can understand why.

And I didn't know any of this! Thanks hootoo.

I guess sometimes the original authors of pieces just disappear into the mist, and if they leave no tracks, smiley - footprints you can't contact them to say their piece has been brought to light. I guess, once written, a piece is freely given to the hootoo database.

The database of Guide Entries must be massive! A vault! A vast store of knowledge! Lucky there's computers, eh?

I wonder how many Guide Entries have been written since hootoo began?


Wow!

Post 7

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned


Too much hard work had been done with this Entry to leave it for the Flea Market. I asked the author if I could take it on the understanding that I would never take the credit, which is why I used 'laces' (a shortened version of lil ACE/Scout), and he agreed as long as his name was never put into the acknowledgements.

I keep hoping that he will one day come back and allow us the add his name to the Entry.

lil x


Wow!

Post 8

cactuscafe

Oh, I seeee! Sort of. The complexities of Editorness, like, being an Editor. smiley - rofl.

Well, I appreciate all your work, lil, and the work of the author and your tweets, and all the other people who run this site, and everything! smiley - kiss

I always was intrigued by the hootoo Flea Market. When I first joined the site I wanted to go there. I like Flea Markets. smiley - rofl.

But, back to the topic of this entry, lest I divert this conversation. Me? Off topic? smiley - offtopic Never ... smiley - rofl


Wow!

Post 9

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned


Off topic???

I'm sure I've never strayed smiley - whistle

You enjoyed reading this Guide Entry, and that is the best any of us can hope for smiley - smooch


lil x


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Zapruder's Film of the JFK Assassination

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more