A Conversation for John Denver - Singer, Songwriter, and Environmentalist
It should also be mentioned that John Denver is the lead character in the satirical cartoon series "House of Rock", featuring the hilarious antics of five dead rock stars sharing a house in purgatory. It's in worse taste than "South Park", and generally funnier, too.
(If you haven't seen it, John is sharing a house with Freddy Mercury, The Notorious B.I.G. ("Biggy" Smalls), Kurt Cobain and John Lennon. Actually, come to think of it, he's sharing a house with the same people if you *have* seen it too...)
angelof 2nd moon Posted Apr 15, 2002
I started to like JohnD in USA in 1976,I was just young and I heard people sing his songs and play them on guitars at campfires in the late evenings that summer... The series the Police.. talks about is unfamiliar to me..but at the moment I hardly ever watch TV, so maybe that´s why ... I think you have told a true and informative story , One thing to mention is that he lived in the Rocky´s where he had a nice wooden house..
Kaz Posted Apr 22, 2002
Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor Posted Apr 23, 2002
Trust me, AGB, if you're a fan of John Denver, Freddy Mercury, Kurt Cobaine, John Lennon or "Biggy" Smalls, you'll hate it...
It's the sort of cartoon that even Channel 4 feel the need to schedule after midnight because of the sex, swearing and violence... If you're a fan of weird, sick humour, though, as I am, it's rather wonderful!
Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor Posted Apr 27, 2002
FordsTowel Posted Jul 4, 2003
Not being familiar with House of Rock, I'll have to go by what I read in this thread and say that I don't see any conceivable reason that mention of this show should appear in an entry on his life or career. It is apparently associated with John in exactly the way that rocks walk, not at all.
You might notice that I didn't actually use both names in the same sentence. They are that dis-related.
Key: Complain about this post
- 1: Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista) (Apr 15, 2002)
- 2: angelof 2nd moon (Apr 15, 2002)
- 3: Kaz (Apr 22, 2002)
- 4: Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor (Apr 23, 2002)
- 5: Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista) (Apr 24, 2002)
- 6: Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor (Apr 27, 2002)
- 7: angelof 2nd moon (May 9, 2002)
- 8: FordsTowel (Jul 4, 2003)