A Conversation for Street Papers

the big issue

Post 1

ruth

i hate it when the people that give out the big issue are drunk and come right up to you as has happened to me several times. I have bought the big issue from several vendors as i think it's worthwhile read but these people should be told that they shouldn't get aggro with people who don't want to buy !
ruth


the big issue

Post 2

DoctorGonzo

You should complain about them. It is, after all, an attempt to get people off the street and back into society. Their 'employers' - The Big Issue - should no about any misconduct, so as to take appropriate action. This doesn't have to be the sack, but it could be retraining, or something similar. There are some bad eggs, but they shouldn't be allowed to give the scheme a bad name.


the big issue

Post 3

alphabudd1

most of them are in your face,and think you owe them a living,but recently there patches have been taken over by eastern europeans.smiley - smiley


the big issue

Post 4

coolpolitealex

i`m sorry to disagree with your comment ,but i speak with confidence of this point when i say the big issue has now become a viable economic concern for the people concerned the finances of it i don`t know much about .but when it comes to the vendors i do know what i`m talking about and that is that 90% of all money goes directly into paying for drug`s or alchohol,i know because i`v been there and know most of the vendors in my area .
was`nt it the guy who`s behind setting up the big issue the one who was recently calling for members of the public not to give to street beggars ,[what are big issue sellers but beggars ]


the big issue

Post 5

alphabudd1

I am sure that i agree with you,but the other 10 0/0 must go to buy the designer gear some of them wear.smiley - sadface


the big issue

Post 6

alphabudd1

I am sure that i agree with you,but the other 10% must go to buy the designer gear some of them wear.smiley - sadface


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more