A Conversation for Tarot

tarot/book of thoth/skeptics

Post 1

Ylla

Very informative. During college i studied the Book of Thoth, the egyptian tarot. the cards are absolutely breath-taking in color and meaning.

Ofcourse, i normally use the rider-waite deck just because that is what i was taught on. I also have a nifty version of lord of the rings tarot cards.

I have to admit i was a bit skeptical about tarot cards when i first began using them. I actually began by using a regular deck of playing cards equivocating them to major and minor arcana because i was too poor to buy a real deck of tarot cards. However, i've used them many times and my spreads always seem applicable to my situation at hand. Ofcourse a lot of skeptics say that the broad definitions used help with inserting meaning where there is none, i don't really think that true. After studying them for a long time, i began to discern flows that i could not learn from book or teacher. patterns.

It's all quite fascinating! i'm glad to see a guide-entry for tarot!


Key: Complain about this post

tarot/book of thoth/skeptics

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more