A Conversation for Swindon, Wiltshire, UK

Swindon Thru A Yanks Eyes

Post 1

Liosliath the Guardian, Protector of Kittens and Puppies, Vanquisher of Flames,emeritus.

Was visiting my sister this last September in Wootten Bassett. We went shopping at both malls, at the Porshe, Benz, and BMW dealerships (didn't buy there) and at some kind of market at the fairgrounds.
I am still organizing my notes, so I cannot tell you the name of the excellent Italian resturant at which we ate.
Enjoyed the Rail Museum. A great asset to any town. To bad they don't have the factory going anymore.
I truly enjoyed my visit to Wiltshire and hope to return.

Liosliath, A Yank from Ohio, USA.


Swindon Thru A Yanks Eyes

Post 2

highflyer_77

As a resident of Swindon, I just want to say thanks for your positive comments on our town - what has been written is mostly very biased and there are some very positive aspects to Swindon as well as the negative!

Regards

David


Swindon Thru A Yanks Eyes

Post 3

Liosliath the Guardian, Protector of Kittens and Puppies, Vanquisher of Flames,emeritus.

David,

If I had the means to come for another visit, I would be packing my bags. Wiltshire is one of the most interesting places I have been. The history of the area is so rich that I could spend a lot more time in your area.
My visit coincided with some very excellent weather, but I would be happy to visit Stonehenge, Uffington Horse, and the GWR Museum again, even in foul weather gear!
It seems that all places have its good and bad points. It depends on what you wish to find.
Thanks for the reply.

Regards, Liosliath (Les).


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more