A Conversation for Discrepancies in the Theory of Evolution - Part I

The book analogy

Post 1

Xanatic

I think the idea of comparing DNA to a book doesn't quite work here. You make it seem like there was some particular book that was to be made, some purpose. It would of course take a long time making Tom Sawyer by throwing together letters. But you don't need a finished book. Life started out very simple, and then moved on to complexity. To stay in the world of books, I doubt any author just spits out a book ready made. He starts out writing a skeleton, then adds different things here and there making it more complex. And sometimes deletes things that doesn't work, other times adding stuff.


The book analogy

Post 2

Josh the Genius

True! But all this editing and prewriting is done by an author, an intelligent, guiding force, whereas evolution is purposeless.


The book analogy

Post 3

Ste

Welcome back Josh.

Evolution is purposeless? Exactly. All it does is to elegantly describe *how* life came to be. It doesn't say why, no science does. So I'm afraid you're missing the point slightly.

smiley - cheers

Stesmiley - earth


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more