A Conversation for Radio-alarm Clocks

Buzzer, radio, or cd

Post 1

Raney

Mine has all three options so I can choose to wake to my favorite (for the moment) cd. I don't use that option often because I hate anything that wakes me up and my favorite cd becomes my least favorite when it interrupts my sleep.


Buzzer, radio, or cd

Post 2

Beatrice

Choosing which station to set it to is a tricky one, because you need soemthing that will send you to sleep at night, but wake you up in the morning. I used to have mine set to Classic FM. Unfortunately the "Relax. It's Classic FM" mantra combined with lullabies at 7 a.m is not conducive to wakefulness. Conversely, the Sousa marches and warbling sopranos they were so fond of at 11p.m (and also during the night, as I discovered on many an insomniac moment)did not send me to sleep. Radio 3 is OK in the morning, but plays jazz at night. I have nothing against jazz, but it's not what I want to listen to before sleeping. Radio 4 has the right jolly morning tone, and plays some great comedy shows at bedtime - which I always miss the end of and then am filled with regret.

What I really need in the morning is a cup of tea. I think a "teasmaid" is what I'm looking for. Or possibly a "slave".


Buzzer, radio, or cd

Post 3

PotatoArrangement

I got a clock radio years ago that has a voice chip in it, which makes sarcastic yet sexy comments, eg. "It's Monday, 7am - and you did ask me to wake you".
It gets downright rude after the snooze expires though.


Buzzer, radio, or cd

Post 4

Beatrice

Well the past 2 mornings it's been a clap of thunder wot woke me up smiley - yikes

Quite fancy the sexy-yet-sarcastic-comments-maker......would be nicer if it was a real person though....


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more