A Conversation for The Ultimate Cat Toy for Lazy People

Cat Toys

Post 1

Barneys Bucksaws

I've found that my 6-month-old kitten, Cleo, looses interest in playing with me after awhile. Left to her own devices, anything's a potential toy. I've taken away kleenex, twist ties, plastic bags, articles of clothing. What she's left with is a selection of small balls ranging in size from 1" diameter to about 3", a piece of wool with a big bell tied on, a homemade grey plush mouse filled with catnip, and the best toy in the house - a clear plastic soft drink bottle with 4 marbles in it and the cap glued on. She has a knitted fish with a big bell on its tail that she punishes regularly. If she loses interest in everything else, her water bottle on her feeding dish is great fun. If she hits it just right, it'll make a gurgling sound. No end of fun! She also likes to splash in her water dish, and has been known to stand in it.


Cat Toys

Post 2

Clelba

sounds like a pretty normal cat then smiley - biggrin
^. .^
= ' =


Cat Toys

Post 3

Barneys Bucksaws

Cleo's all of that! We joke that we should have called her .com - she loves to sit on my shoulder when I'm on the computer and watch the screen. When she gets tired, she crawls down onto my knee and curls up, resting her little head on the wrist rest. When she finally starts to cat nap, you can carefully tuck her head into her side and she'll go sound asleep. She's just as spoiled, much loved little kitten.


Cat Toys

Post 4

Clelba

awwww!!!
i found a photo the other day of when my cats were all still kittens...or four of them were, anyway. they're so *gorgeous*!!
^. .^
= ' =


Cat Toys

Post 5

Barneys Bucksaws

Cleo's a bright calico - red, black, white and grey. Really pretty. When I get my film developed, I'll have to start an album for her. She's so funny, we have lots of pictures. For awhile when we first got her, she took to my dressmakers dummy, and I have a picture of her hanging out the arm hole. Lately she's lost interest in it, thank goodness! She's afraid to go outside, and hates her collar and leash, but she doesn't want anyone else to go out either. She tries to stand in the hallway and block your way.


Cat Toys

Post 6

Clelba

we used to have a cat called cleo...she ws black...
our cats are sort of half wild, they're outside cats, and one of them is even scared of coming right inside the house. they have their own room of the house which they live in and normally they're not allowed inside. but they're sooo gorgeous...
^. .^
= ' =


Cat Toys

Post 7

Barneys Bucksaws

The last cat we had was Promise, who was white with beige spots. She lived to be 18 years old, and simply fell asleep and didn't wake up. She was found curled up in her bed. It took us 6 months to get over losing her before we could think about a new cat. There are 3 really big tom cats in our neighborhood, so I don't want Cleo running loose till she's big enough to fend for herself. I'd like her to be an outdoors loving cat, but I don't think that's in the cards - she's too timid. If I can get her to go outside with me once the weather's warm, I'll be happy with that. I took her out one day on her leash - the last time I tried it, and she crawled up into the hood on my jacket an howled till I took her in. Then she sat under the kitchen cupboards and just stared at me. I don't think she knew whether she loved me or hated me!


Cat Toys

Post 8

Clelba

awwww!
when our cats were little, one of them somehow managed to get a big bit of masking tape stuck to its rear end, and he didn't know what was chasing it! he ran all the way round the house and up into mum and dad's bedroom and hid under their bed until i could get it off him...smiley - sadface poor kitty...
^. .^
= ' =


Cat Toys

Post 9

Barneys Bucksaws

I can just imagine! Cleo has free reign of the house, and she unearthed a dust ball in the basement that stuck in her whiskers above her eye. When I caught up with her, she was having fits trying to catch the dust ball, and not understanding the whole thing.

I love to knit, but I have to do it while she's napping - somewhere else. No way can I convince her that my wool is not a toy! I was trying frantically to get a pair of socks finished for my son for Christmas, and knitting when Cleo was no where in sight. For awhile there, I didn't think I'd get done in time. I want to make a new sweater, but I think I'll leave it for next winter.


Cat Toys

Post 10

Clelba

smiley - biggrin
^. .^
= ' =


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The Ultimate Cat Toy for Lazy People

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more