I have no idea what I was going to say

0 Conversations

I went away from the computer to try to fix a guitar instrumental recording I'd made earlier.

I failed. I erased my failure.


I just gave up and recorded something else.

Now I've got my new cheap CD player playing the "Stratosphere Boogie" album starring Jimmy Bryant and Speedy West.

They remind me a lot of Les Paul. Except there are no overdubs. Of course there are two of them and a band. Les rarely had that in his later years on his recordings.

One of the researchers who was writing about Les' music in an entry once said that Les played hokie hillybilly music. That researcher obviously had no idea what Les did as a highly respected jazz music, particularly on the Carnegie Hall recording.

I've been getting into Jeff Beck a lot recently. I have had half a clue who he was for several decades but I hadn't really paid attention to him.

It was his attention to Les Paul and Les' feelings for Jeff that got my attention.

Jeff doesn't use a pick very often. I've been trying to use one less and less, partly on the advice of Kevin Eubanks, the Tonight Show guitarist.

I'm not a big fan of whammy bars, though. That could change.

If you don't care about Jeff Beck or Les Paul, at least check out Howard Roberts. He is my hero, just after Frank Zappa and Eddie Lang.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A66299412

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more